Do you know what your customers want?

I read an interesting blog post on "How Knowledge Can Hurt Innovation", which clearly illustrated how most of us assume that others are aware of what we know and what we are talking about.

After years of managing of technology and business processes, I have learned to listen to my customers (internal and external) and make sure that I have understood their requirements and follow up with multiple sessions of deep dives and alignment to ensure that my understanding matches their requirements.

What you say may not match what your customers heard, and the converse is true, what you heard may not be what the customer told you. Don't make assumptions in important projects. Constantly challenge yourself and your teams to check if your assumptions and views are aligned with customer expectations.

"Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed here are my own only and in no way represent the views, positions or opinions - expressed or implied - of my employer (present and past) "
"Please post your comments - Swati Ranganathan"

0 comments:

Post a Comment